Thursday 26 March 2015

Diary of a Wimpey BMX Kid!

Since beginning to exercise in 2010 I've had a few niggles to contend with. My brain tells me I don't suffer injuries but my much better half reminded me of bouts of sickness, manflu, diarrhoea, Basel Cell Carcenoma (skin cancer), ankle injury, back injuries, shoulder injury, calf injury. Of all the events I've been signed up for it was only London Marathon 2014 I missed because of illness. Preparation for the events I have done has been disrupted to varying degrees.

I am currently unable to run (5th week) and ride (3rd week) due to Piriformis Syndrome which is something to do with the Piriformis muscle falling out with the Sciatic nerve and all hell breaking loose in my left ass cheek, left thigh and my back! Looking back it has been niggling since the New Year but only recently has it become intrusive enough for me to pull up on a run. Strangely it isn't a problem while cycling but I have stopped cycling while I try and sort it just in case its the new cycling position of using a BMX that is causing the problem.



As I see it I don't need to panic yet ( I am panicking) as there is loads of time until Outlaw (there isn't!) for me to get it sorted and pick up training where I left off (which takes an age due to loss of fitness). I can at least swim (I haven't started yet) and eat healthy (unless Kebabs are healthy I am failing there) so that I maintain some fitness (no chance) for when I can fully train again!

As for the BMX I now have a 34t front ring to go on which I think will be my limit for Outlaw, striking the right balance between flat speed and hill climb ability. Thank you to Tony Jeffreys and my little bro for sorting that for me.



Finally, enforced training breaks play havoc with the mind. Idle hands and all that. I am now thinking that perhaps this challenge needs to be done in a Morphsuit. Not the whole thing of course that would just be silly, but the run at least....or maybe the ride and run......don't be daft......or maybe I should........the Tuxedo Morph or Splash Morph look cool......no don't look, look away now........or perhaps.............



No comments:

Post a Comment